This website Customer Centre("Site") is operated by STH Japan K.K (STH). STH is a company incorporated under Japanese law. Its registered office and principal place of business is at 8F 4-1 Kasumigaoka-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Japan, 160-0013. STH has been granted the right by Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games ("Tokyo 2020") to operate this Site and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Official Hospitality Programme.
Tokyo 2020 is the data controller in relation to the personal information that you submit or that STH collects from you via the Site.
STH and Tokyo 2020 will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the "Personal Information Protection Act") and endeavor to protect personal information pursuant to this Policy.
Acquisition and use of personal information
STH and Tokyo 2020 will acquire personal information through proper procedures, such as clarifying the purpose of use, and not use personal information for any purpose other than such purpose of use.
Secure management of personal information
STH and Tokyo 2020 will undertake appropriate measures to accurately and securely manage personal information and to prevent the loss, alteration and leakage, etc. of such information.
Disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, etc. of personal information
STH and Tokyo 2020 understands that the person to whom the information pertains has the right to request the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuance of use, elimination, etc. of any personal information that can identify such person, and in the event there is such request, STH and Tokyo 2020 will promptly take measures accordingly.
Supervision of entrustees
If STH and/or Tokyo 2020 entrusts an outside contractor with the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, STH and/or Tokyo 2020 (as applicable) will impose on such contractor the obligation of the secure management of the personal information, and will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision thereof.
Commitment to the protection of personal information
STH and Tokyo 2020 will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and all other relevant laws and regulations and guidelines, as well as ensure that all of their officers and employees , outside contractors and other relevant parties are made fully aware of the importance of the protection of personal information and aim to develop and educate the awareness regarding the protection of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information
STH and Tokyo 2020 hereby acknowledge the importance of protecting personal information, and will appropriately handle all personal information provided to STH and Tokyo 2020 pursuant to the following provisions.
What personal information does STH and Tokyo 2020 collect?
Personal information you give STH. This is personal information about you which you give STH by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with STH by phone, email or otherwise.
Tokyo 2020, will collect and process personal information about you in relation to the preparation and operation of the 32nd Olympic Games and the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games to be held in 2020, as well as its related events including festivals or the torch relay (collectively, the "Games") both offline and online, including when you interact with us and our websites, when you purchase tickets or goods and services from us, when you register for a Tokyo2020 ID, when we carry out research or surveys, when you apply for a job with us, when you apply to be a volunteer and when you participate or engage in the preparation and operation of the Games. This personal information will often be provided directly by you, and may include information you provide on registration or in the process of a purchase, such as your name, address, email address, and payment details.
Personal information that is mandatory is indicated in the relevant forms that you complete. Where provision of personal information is mandatory, if the relevant information is not provided, we will not be able to fulfil your requests to register, make a purchase or otherwise engage with Tokyo 2020. All other provision of your information is optional.
What personal information does STH and Tokyo 2020 receive from third parties?
Under applicable Japanese laws on data protection, STH are required to keep a record of personal information that we receive from other sources, and we may make certain enquiries to these other sources on how the personal information was obtained. These records will be maintained by STH in accordance with applicable laws. Therefore, as part of our protocol, STH may ask you certain questions if and when you submit personal information to us about another person.
If you engage or participate in preparation or operation of the Games as personnel of the International Olympic Committee (the "IOC"), the International Paralympic Committee (the "IPC"), international sports federations, national Olympic committees, other Organising Committees of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (including Beijing 2022, Paris 2024 and LA 2028), media, our partners, suppliers, contractors, alliance partners, government organisations or any other private or public entity, we may receive your personal information from the organisation to which you belong. STH will obtain your personal information necessary for your engagement or participation in preparation or operation of the Games from your organisation and this personal information may include your name, address, gender, job, department, title, career, tax identification number, phone number, mail address, nationality, passport number, date of birth, photograph, bank account, accommodation, schedule, and need for disability support.
Purposes of use of personal information
STH and Tokyo 2020 may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Use of personal information needed to fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract, in particular:
- Operation and administration of in-venue hospitality package products including Tickets for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad ("Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages") you have purchased;
- Operation and administration of the Games;
- Sale of tickets and management and support of your ticket purchases;
- As required by STH to provide the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages, in particular:
- to provide you with the information, products and services relating to Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages you have requested from STH;
- to manage STH’s relationship with you or your business in relation to Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages;
- to notify you about changes to the services of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages;
- to develop and carry out marketing activities in relation to Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages;
- to study how STH customers use Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages from STH;
- to manage how STH work with other companies that provide services to STH and customers for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages;
- to detect, investigate, report, and seek to prevent fraud and other crimes;
- to obey laws and regulations that apply to STH;
- to respond to complaints and seek to resolve them;
- to exercise the rights set out in agreements or contracts
- to run the business in relation to Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages in an efficient and proper way;
- to transfer data relating to purchasers or potential purchasers of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages to the IOC during and after the Games:
- as a transfer of legacy and knowledge of the Games ("Legacy") for the benefit of the Olympic Movement, the Paralympic Movement or any future sports or cultural events; and
- if you have consented to receive communications regarding the Games from the IOC, to receive such communications from the IOC relating to the promotion of the Olympic Movement, including, without limitation, addressing promotional communications on the Olympic Movement’s activities;
- to administer the Site and the operation of the business;
- to make improvements to the Site so STH can present it in the best possible manner for you;
- as part of STH’s efforts to maintain the safety and security of the Site; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to users of the Site about Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Packages that may interest them.
- Marketing. When you sign up to receive news and information from STH or Tokyo 2020 or use the Site, STH or Tokyo 2020 may use your personal information to create a profile based on the information STH or Tokyo 2020 holds about you. This is necessary for the purposes of STH or Tokyo 2020’s legitimate interests in ensuring STH has accurate information about you. STH or Tokyo 2020 may create a profile for you based on your preferences in order to provide you with the best experience and to send you personalised marketing communications and newsletters. This is necessary for the purposes of STH or Tokyo 2020’s legitimate interests in ensuring that STH or Tokyo 2020 provides you with a personalised experience and provide you with the most relevant products. If you have given STH or Tokyo 2020 your consent to send you marketing communications (including by email, text, SMS, social media, on-screen message/push notification) or if STH or Tokyo 2020 are permitted by law to send such communications without obtaining your consent, STH or Tokyo 2020 will respectively use the information that you have provided to them for sending you personalised marketing messages about their products or services, events, and promotions.
- As required by Tokyo 2020 to carry out the Games and pursue its legitimate interests, in particular:
(1) Preparation and operation of the Games;
(2) Communication with you about the Games (if the applicable law requires such consent, it is subject to your consent);
(3) Provision of our websites and online services, such as Tokyo 2020 ID;
(4) Monitoring, improvement and protection of our content, services and websites;
(5) Protection of the Games, including management of the provision of certification (i.e. accreditation cards), and the right to attend our events, or enter our venues;
(6) Deliberation, examination and operation by the various committees established by Tokyo 2020;
(7) Provision of information, confirmation of identity and operation regarding events, promotional campaigns, seminars, projects, exhibitions, forums, and fairs relating to the Games;
(8) Provision of information regarding sports or cultural events, promotional campaigns, seminars, projects, exhibitions, forums, events, promotional campaigns and fairs relating to the Games organized by a third party;
(9) Investigations, research and public relations activities, such as activity reports, press releases and filming, relating to Tokyo 2020 or the Games;
(10) Responding to various enquiries from you or others that relate to your behaviour, activities or conduct;
(11) Performance of agreements executed with third parties to accomplish the business purposes of Tokyo 2020;
(12) Administering accreditation to the Games, and controlling the entry into (including facial recognition of the individuals with accreditation cards for the entry of the venues) and exit out of the premises of Tokyo 2020, the venues and other related facilities, and monitoring the activity at such locations using CCTV;
(13) Sharing data with the IOC and the IPC, or any other related organisations before, during and after the Games to allow for the proper organisation of the Games and to allow for the continuity of the Olympic Movement and Paralympic Movement;
(14) Transferring data to the IOC, the IPC or any organisation designated by Tokyo 2020 or the IOC as a transfer of Legacy for the benefit of the Olympic Movement, the Paralympic Movement or any future sports or cultural events;
(15) Contacting job, secondment and volunteer applicants, processing their applications and conducting other personnel management;
(16) Legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
(17) Meeting or communication with you for the above purposes.
- Where you give us your consent, use within the purposes that you give your consent, in particular:
(1) Sending you direct marketing by email (where your consent is required in accordance with applicable law); and
(2) Sharing personal information with third parties (where this consent is required in accordance with applicable law).
- For purposes which are required by law, in particular:
(1) Where we are required to hold or collect personal information to meet legal requirements imposed on Tokyo 2020; and
(2) In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Wherever STH and Tokyo 2020 rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent. STH and Tokyo 2020 may also process your personal information on other legal grounds to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In some cases, STH and Tokyo 2020 may be able to send you direct marketing without your consent by relying on their legitimate interests or any other legal ground in accordance with applicable law. To the extent provided by applicable law, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing or the profiling STH and Tokyo 2020 carry out for direct marketing. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message or by contacting STH and Tokyo 2020 using the details set out below.
Sharing of personal information with third parties, etc.
We may provide personal information to the IOC, the IPC, the Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC), the Japanese Paralympic Committee (JPC) or the Tokyo Metropolitan Government for the furtherance of the purposes of use of personal information set out in this Policy. In particular, we may transfer your personal information to the IOC, the IPC or any organisation designated by Tokyo 2020 or the IOC before, during or after the Games as part of the transfer of Legacy for the benefit of the Olympic Movement, the Paralympic Movement or any future sports or cultural events.
Personal information will also be shared with our third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of STH and Tokyo 2020 for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of ticketing services, IT infrastructure services, customer relationship management, event management, website hosting, analytics services, security services, transport, maintenance of equipment, software or system, call centre operations, food service, accommodation, medical services, education and training services including e-learning and identity checking. For the safety of the Games, Tokyo 2020 may also share or refer to the relevant governing bodies with respect to the personal information of certain individuals.
STH and Tokyo 2020 will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person to whom the personal information pertains except for the cases provided in this Policy or the following cases or unless another legal exemption under applicable law applies and allows data to be shared:
- Cases based on laws and regulations;
- Cases in which it is necessary for the protection of the life, limb or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person to whom the personal information pertains;
- Cases in which it is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person to whom the personal information pertains;
- Cases in which it is necessary to provide cooperation for a state organ or local government or a person entrusted thereby to execute the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and when obtaining the consent of the person to whom the personal information pertains is likely to impede the execution of such affairs; and
- Cases in which personal information is provided in regard to the succession of business due to a merger or otherwise.
We will not transfer your personal information outside of Japan unless we have your consent or another legal exemption applies.
If you wish for the disclosure, notice of the purposes of use, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuance of use, elimination or discontinuance of provision to a third party of any personal information (collectively, "Disclosure, etc."), please contact the below enquiry desk and make a request pursuant to the procedures separately specified by Tokyo 2020. In such cases, we will ascertain the identity of the person by information which can identify such individual (name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, etc.). For further details, please contact the below enquiry desk. Please note, however, that the Disclosure, etc. of personal information will not be made in the following instances:
- If the Disclosure, etc. is likely to harm the life, limb or property or any other rights or interests of the person to whom the information pertains or a third party;
- If the Disclosure, etc. is likely to significantly impede the proper execution of our services; or
- If the Disclosure, etc. would be a violation of any other laws or regulations.
Please note that in cases in which a large sum of money or significant resources would be required to discontinue the use of, eliminate or discontinue the provision to a third party of the personal information ("Discontinuance of Use, etc. ") or in cases in which the Discontinuance of Use, etc. of personal information is otherwise difficult, and when necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the person to whom the personal information pertains, can be put in place, the request for Discontinuance of Use, etc. of personal information may not be complied with unless this would contradict with applicable laws.
Rights for EU residents
If you are a resident in the EU, you also have the right to ask STH and Tokyo 2020 for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you have provided to STH and/or Tokyo 2020 for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format (i.e. the right of data portability). In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information under certain conditions.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where it would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask STH and/or Tokyo 2020 to delete information which STH and/or Tokyo 2020 are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in any local EU laws on privacy. STH and Tokyo 2020 will inform you of the relevant exemptions they rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with STH and/or Tokyo 2020 using the details set out below. If you have any unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live or work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How long does STH and Tokyo 2020 hold on to personal information?
STH and Tokyo 2020 will process your information until at least the end of the Games, unless you are entitled to ask STH and Tokyo 2020 to stop using your information before this point. STH and Tokyo 2020 may then hold some of your information after the Games as necessary to protect themselves from legal claims or to meet our legal requirements. Where STH and Tokyo 2020 have shared your personal information with their related entities, such as with the IOC, they may hold on to your personal information after the Games in accordance with their own privacy policies.
How to get in touch with STH (Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Office)?
For enquires regarding the use of personal information by STH, please contact us by clicking here.
How to get in touch with Tokyo 2020?
Tokyo 2020 Enquiry Desk
For enquiries regarding the use of personal information by Tokyo 2020, please contact the below enquiry desk:
Tel: 0570-09-2020 (Domestic calls only. Charges apply.)
Business hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. weekdays, excluding weekends and public holidays.